Category Full-time Permanent
Posted January 31, 2023
Bookkeeper – Belleville
Category Full-time Permanent
Posted January 31, 2023
A Firm for Entrepreneurs
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Full Time Bookkeeper –Belleville, which is part of the Welch LLP Quinte Region Practice (six offices located in Belleville, Trenton, Picton, Napanee, Campbellford, and Tweed).
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
As a Bookkeeper, you will work closely with our clients in understanding their needs, collecting and interpreting data and working to provide sound solutions. You will be challenged with handling a variety of bookkeeping tasks including banking services, cash management, preparation of cash receipts and cash disbursement summaries, preparation of financial statements, completion and filing of government forms, payroll and payroll reporting, preparation of tax filings including T1, T4 and T5. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes his or her professional and personal development.
- A diploma or degree in Business Accounting is preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in a full cycle bookkeeping role including payroll and payroll reporting.
- Experience in preparing personal tax returns is a plus.
- Experience in the preparation of T4s and T5s is also a plus.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Sage and QuickBooks, as well as a comfort with the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Caseware and Profile would be assets
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organize multiple client deliverables at the same time in order to meet client and CRA deadlines with a high degree of autonomy.
- Aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail, a desire to continually improve your skills and an attitude of accountability are traits that will lead to success in this position.
- Access to a vehicle is required, as you will need to travel to and work at clients’ offices on occasion.
- Willing to work in Belleville, Ontario and occasionally assist in other Welch offices in the Quinte Region as needed.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to accommodate client needs.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and most recent transcript to [email protected] with subject line “Bookkeeper – Belleville.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally – owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Are you ready for a career at Welch LLP?
Join a team that wants to help you advance your career and achieve success, whether you’re still a student or an experienced professional. We will support you every step of the way on your path to success.