Category Full-time Permanent
Posted February 13, 2023
Director of IT
Category Full-time Permanent
Posted February 13, 2023
Choose Local, Choose Welch LLP
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Director of IT to oversee and lead our IT team and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management of the MIS Group
- Ensure the IT Service and Support service level agreement is upheld;
- Manage performance and development needs of MIS group.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies.
- Build collaborative relationships with senior leaders and provide regular updates to ensure adequate, innovative, and appropriate IT services.
- Creation and maintenance of the IT Strategic Plan to support the Welch Corporate Strategic Plan
- Creation of and management of the annual MIS budget.
- Responsible for the ordering, acquiring, inventorying and disposal of hardware and software.
- Serve as primary contact with vendors and suppliers in the completion of proposals, quotes, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major interactions including system operations and maintenance.
- Project Management and reporting of all defined IT Projects.
- Approves appropriate technology to deliver firm IT requirements for enablement and security.
- Creation and management of the IT Service Catalogue
- Establish and report on IT Service Levels, defined in the IT Service Catalogue.
- Ensure stability and efficacy of general technology operations, following best practices as appropriate and maintaining a documented environment to facilitate operations and crisis management.
- Ensure continued privacy and confidentiality of firm data, in accordance with the requirements of the executive and legislation.
- Develop, review, and certify all backup and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Management of the IT Change Management process and policy.
MIS Compliance duties:
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with relevant laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Creation, management and enforcement of the Welch Network and Device Acceptable Use Policy.
- Work with the Systems Administrator on the creation and management of Network Topologies and data flow diagrams.
- Work with Systems Administrator on securing firewalls and performing reviews on the firewall policies for compliance.
- Management of forensic analysis of security incidents and oversight of implementation of controls to mitigate future events.
- Security awareness training
- Train Staff on Cyber Security Awareness
- Train Staff on Cyber Risk Management Awareness
- Manage Barracuda Phishline campaigns
- Manage Field Effect awareness campaigns
- Manage and participate in security and compliance related audits including
- NANP FEDRAMP Compliance exercises
- Annual Penetration Testing
- Government of Canada Compliance exercises
- Risk Assessments and reviews
- Cyber Security Insurance compliance
Other duties include the following:
- Manages the Welch corporate print and imaging resources, including printers, copiers, scanners, projectors, and fax machines
- Manages the Welch telephone system
- Responsible for the execution of IT-related projects under the direction of the designated project manager or the IT partner as appropriate
- Manage Systems Administrator staff and support schedules to ensure provision of IT operations support and maintenance as required, including emergency and crisis support as necessary
- Report to and provide ongoing reports to the Ottawa office Management Committee pertaining to the status of IT systems that are not properly functioning to expected levels, researching resolutions, and implementing or recommending resolutions to operational issues
- Ensure ongoing planned and controlled maintenance and support of IT infrastructure through a controlled process designed to improve future supportability and ongoing stability of the environment
- Ensure up to date documentation is in place for all corporate IT solutions implemented and/or supported by Welch IT Operations.
- Ensure the functionality of the Welch corporate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuance Plans
- Ensure the management of Welch IT peripherals, end-user computing and communication devices, as well as software licensing
In addition to the specific duties noted above, additional responsibilities will be included as determined necessary by the firm.
- 7-10 years supporting corporate IT infrastructures in a Microsoft-based environment at a senior management level,
- A minimum of seven years working in IT, supporting end users and network infrastructures, servers, firewalls and related technology for organizations in excess of 100 users.
- Completion of a University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology-related field required
- Experience providing organizational technology support for a professional firm with multiple locations.
- Certifications, experience and/or training in the following technologies would be an asset:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Servers (2016 to current versions)
- Microsoft Exchange Server Online
- Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2017 to present)
- VMware ESXi and vSphere (versions 6.7 to present)
- Ethernet & TCP/IP networking, including routing and VLAN implementations
- HP Procurve switches
- F5 Access Policy Manager or other VPN Solution experience
- Microsoft Intune experience
- Barracuda Cloud Security solutions experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to mentor junior resources
- Advanced troubleshooting capabilities
- Must be able to work on technical issues in times of crisis
- Strong at working with clients and end-users to resolve technical issues
- Able to work with the management team to establish priorities
- Confident managing multiple simultaneous conflicting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is required
- Verbal and written communication skills in French would be an asset.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply!
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you ready for a career at Welch LLP?
Join a team that wants to help you advance your career and achieve success, whether you’re still a student or an experienced professional. We will support you every step of the way on your path to success.