Type On Site
Posted January 18, 2023
Type On Site
Posted January 18, 2023
Choose Local, Choose Welch LLP
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking to fill the positions for E-filer/Printer/Scanner who will be primarily responsible for printing and assembling tax returns for our T1 unit. The position is for the months of March (20-30 hours/week) and April (approximately 45 hours/week)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Printing, assembling, and returning a significant number of tax returns efficiently, subject to certain time constraints/deadlines
- Scanning a large volume of documents and attaching them in TaxPrep files
- E-filing a large volume of tax returns using Personal TaxPrep
- Coordinating workload with team members
- Updating TaxPrep Dashboard software with tax return statuses
- Previous experience in clerical or administrative functions would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of office and administrative procedures
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of and experience with Taxprep and Adobe would be considered an asset
- Good understanding of the nature of working within a public accounting firm would be considered an asset
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you ready for a career at Welch LLP?
Join a team that wants to help you advance your career and achieve success, whether you’re still a student or an experienced professional. We will support you every step of the way on your path to success.