Category Full-time Permanent
Posted August 26, 2022
Manager, Client Services
Category Full-time Permanent
Posted August 26, 2022
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Manager, Client Services for its growing Toronto office. The ideal candidate is an out-of-the box thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit. In applying relevant technical experience and delivering exceptional customer service, the Manager, Client Services, will lead projects to fruition and develop and maintain client relationships.
Who we are:
Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada. We are a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec.
Long before Covid-19, Welch LLP had implemented flexible work arrangements at the Toronto office. We believe in providing excellent client service while maintaining a good work-life balance. In addition to offering a competitive compensation and vacation package, Welch LLP has work-from-home and flex-day policies to achieve this balance.
With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele ranges from start-ups, large privately-held companies, not-for-profits, and public sector organizations. As a result, Welch staff thrive in a diverse learning environment and develop expertise in a number of areas and industries.
About the role:
As Manager, Client Services, this role is ideal for someone who has strong project management skills with a broad financial skill set. You will be challenged to solve business problems using your analytical thinking and communicate solutions through clear presentation and concise writing. You will be provided with the opportunity to learn and grow a team of your own in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in accounting and business advisory through client interactions, reports, technical accounting work, financial analysis, management presentations and the creation of high-quality deliverables;
- Work independently on special assignments that require analytical thinking and financial analysis;
- Lead projects in a team environment, managing budgets with partners and assignments with staff;
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Over time, build and manage a small team of high performing individuals;
- Manage Compilation and Review engagements, in addition to corporate tax returns for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement
- Assisting with and participating in Business Development meetings, events and presentations
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills; and
- Following-up with appropriate government agencies on questions relating to payroll, assessments, GST, HST, business numbers
- Canadian CPA designation (international accounting designations will be considered);
- A minimum of 3 years public accounting experience in a similar role is a must;
- Excellent project management, planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Significant experience preparing presentations, proposals, reports, white papers, and dealing with clients in a professional and high-quality manner;
- Experience with implementing accounting standards or developing accounting policy. Strong technical knowledge of Canadian accounting principles (including IFRS). Knowledge of US GAAP is an asset;
- Experience with the analysis involved in any of the following types of activities:
- implementing accounting standards;
- developing budgets, forecasts and related variance analysis;
- internal costing of products and services to inform pricing or find cost efficiencies;
- business process documentation and improvements;
- value-for-money audit engagements;
- Proven ability to produce high-quality work (attention to detail and accuracy) while facing competing priorities, conflicting agendas and tight deadlines;
- Experience with Caseware / IDEA is an asset;
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership;
- Flexibility to travel, if required.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line “Manager, Client Services”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you ready for a career at Welch LLP?
Join a team that wants to help you advance your career and achieve success, whether you’re still a student or an experienced professional. We will support you every step of the way on your path to success.