Whether your business is in its early stages or you’re looking to exit, our team at Welch delivers full technology industry lifecycle support for all things financial, accounting and tax.
As an innovative tech company, it is imperative that you have the international reach that will propel your business forward. Welch is a member of BKR International, which gives us access to extensive resources and professional expertise to help our clients do business around the world. This enables us to remain a regional firm, dedicated to our local business community, while giving us a global reach to help you with any cross border or international business issues you may be facing.
What We Do
Assurance and Accounting
- Audits, review engagements, notice to reader/compilations
- Public and private company audits
- US GAAP and IFRS
- Financial forecasting and advisory
- Corporate tax
- Strategic tax diagnostic and planning
- Transactional planning
- Capital/GST and HST/QST, VAT, payroll taxes
- US tax, cross border, state and local tax
- International tax planning
- Expatriate tax – personal tax for non-residents working abroad
- Shareholder tax planning, trust and estates, personal tax for business owner
Back Office Services
- Cloud bookkeeping with Elevate by Welch LLP
- Bookkeeping and payroll services tailored to your needs
- Prep of income tax, HST returns and other regulatory filings
- Design, implement and prepare Management Reports
- Investor and bank reporting
- Support with banking, financing and investor relationships
- Financial forecasts, planning and budgeting
SR&ED and Other Tax Credits
- SR&ED – software, manufacturing, hardware, hi-tech, semi-conductor, medical devices, shop floor and telecommunications
- Other – Multimedia (federal and provincial), apprenticeship, sustainability and more
- OIDMTC – Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- Support with corporate transactions (private financing, buy and sell, M&A, public financing)
- Implications of third-party investments
Internal Control Advisory and IPO Readiness and Support
- Internal control advisory (SOX, 52-109, etc.)
- Temporary staff assignment
- Accounting conversion support
- Financial statement and external audit preparation support
- Corporate governance (audit committee charters)
ESTIMATE YOUR TAX CREDITS & REFUND
Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED)
Use Welch LLP’s SR&ED calculator to determine your potential SR&ED tax credit. Your business and bottom line will thank you.
“There’s a massive shortage of good accountants, so getting the proper attention and service from your accounting firm is not always easy. Being a fast growing tech company with a lot of needs, I’m really glad we solidified the relationship with Welch and 1Valet. 1Valet is well setup for success with Welch’s support on accounting and tax matters, and will benefit from all the important business advice that comes along with proper advisors.”Francois Forrest, VP Finance, 1Valet
“I must say I am super impressed with the Welch team. Responsiveness, knowledge and customer service is top notch and unparallell to any other North American firm I have worked with in the past. We feel very taken care of as a customer and that is much appreciated, especially as we enter a new country far away from home.”Christoffer Haeger, Group Accounting & Reporting Specialist, Epidemic Sound
“Welch is much larger (260+ professionals) than most regional accounting firms, part of BKR International which has member firms all over the globe, and the partner (Bryan Haralovich) is one of the best technology auditors in the business. They actually teach other firms for the CICA/CPA Canada and their technology tax group is phenomenal as well. From a customer service perspective, nobody compares to Welch and they are very reasonable on fees.”Mark Scott, CPA CA, Founder & CEO, CareWorx Managed IT.
Are You Ready to Talk to a Technology Specialist?
Get in touch, tell us your needs and we’ll assign an industry specialist to your organization.