Welch will work with you to produce results across the myriad complexities that face the manufacturing industry.
Whether you are navigating entry and operations in the US market, planning capital gains, mitigating withholding from customers, efficiently repatriating profits to Canada or ensuring sales tax compliance, Welch can help you navigate this economic nexus. We will work with you to integrate the Canadian and US structure, making sure your company is compliant in your sales and income tax to safeguard an efficient exit down the road.
What We Do
Assurance and Accounting
- Audits, review engagements, notice to reader/compilations
- Public and private company audits
- US GAAP and IFRS
- Financial forecasting and advisory
- Corporate tax
- Strategic tax diagnostic and planning
- Transactional planning
- Capital/GST and HST/QST, VAT, payroll taxes
- US tax, cross border, state and local tax
- International tax planning
- Expatriate tax – personal tax for non-residents working abroad
- Shareholder tax planning, trust and estates, personal tax for business owner
Back Office Services
- Cloud bookkeeping with Elevate by Welch LLP
- Bookkeeping and payroll services tailored to your needs
- Prep of income tax, HST returns and other regulatory filings
- Design, implement and prepare management reports
- Investor and bank reporting
- Support with banking, financing and investor relationships
- Financial forecasts, planning and budgeting
SR&ED and Other Tax Credits
- SR&ED – software, manufacturing, hardware, hi-tech, semi-conductor, medical devices, shop floor and telecommunications
- Other – Multimedia (federal and provincial), apprenticeship, sustainability and more
- OIDMTC – Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- Support with corporate transactions (private financing, buy and sell, M&A, public financing)
- Implications of third-party investments
Internal Control Advisory and IPO Readiness and Support
- Internal control advisory (SOX, 52-109, etc.)
- Temporary staff assignment
- Accounting conversion support
- Financial statement and external audit preparation support
- Corporate governance (audit committee charters)
“Battleshield Industries Limited has been with Welch for almost a year. All we can say is what phenomenal level of service we are receiving for our growing manufacturing company. It is an immense pleasure to work with Matt and his knowledgeable team. We feel very taken care of, with timely advice and invaluable expertise. Their fees are very reasonable, no surprises, a peace of mind. Welch was highly recommended to us and in return, we recommend Welch for anyone who is looking for a reliable and trusted partner.”Luc Thibault, Founder and CEO Battleshield Industries Limited
“We sought a higher level of service and value-add compared to one of the Big 4 firms with which we worked previously. Welch was our first choice based on past experiences and recommendations from other similar sized firms. From the outset of the relationship, we feel that our business is much more valued and that understanding our needs, safeguarding our interests, and delivering solutions represent key priorities for Welch. We are exceptionally pleased with the decision to move our business to Welch as we receive far superior responsiveness and value-add than we initially envisioned. Welch is a true financial partner to Pegen.”Fergus B. Groundwater, President Pegen Industries Inc.
“They said what they would do and they did what they said - excellent service. The associate who worked on my account sat down with me and reviewed my needs. They were able to give an idea of the fee for the service I required and delivered the service within the quoted range. I appreciate the ability to budget for my services. I truly appreciate the time taken to confirm my needs and follow through. They were also able to help me plan for the future and how to be better organized for the following year.”Charlene Whattam, Owner, Total Crop Care
Are You Ready to Talk to a Manufacturing Specialist?
Get in touch, tell us your needs and we’ll assign an industry specialist to your organization.