Welch LLP hosts Non-Profit & Private Enterprise Updates Event
On Tuesday, October 1st Welch LLP hosted two sessions for the latest accounting and tax updates at the Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club – one for non-profit organizations, and one for private enterprises. Garth Steele, Partner at Welch LLP moderated both sessions, which featured Welch LLP and external experts on topics vital to help businesses and organizations prepare for the coming year.
Speakers and topics featured for our non-profit session were as follows:
- HST Hot Topics – Garth Steele, FCPA, FCA, Partner – Welch LLP
- Accounting Standards Update – Christa Casey, CPA, CA, Partner – Welch LLP
- Accounting for Internally Restricted Funds – Peter Berry, CPA, CA, TEP, Manager – Welch LLP
- Charity & Not-for-Profit Tax Issues – Damian Laflamme, Principal – Welch LLP
- Assurance Standards Updates – Bryden McMaster, CPA, CA, Senior Manager – Welch LLP
- The Workforce of the Future – Candace Enman, CPA, CA, CMC, President – Welch Capital Partners
- Succession Planning & Talent Management – Shawn Kelso, CPA, CA, Partner – Welch LLP, David Colletto, MA, PhD, CEO & Founding Partner – Abacus Data, Linda Duxbury, BSc, MASc, PhD, Professor, Carleton University, & Kelly Tonner, Executive Director, South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
Speakers and topics featured for our Private Enterprise session were as follows:
- HST Updates – Garth Steele, FCPA, FCA, Partner – Welch LLP
- TOSI Update – Don Scott, FCPA, FCA, Partner – Welch LLP
- Government Funding – Joshua Smith, CPA, CA, Partner – Welch LLP
- U.S. Reporting Issues – Alan Tippett, CPA, Director of U.S. Tax Advisory Services – Welch LLP
- Accounting Update – Shawn Kelso, CPA, CA – Partner
- IFRS – Bryan Haralovich
- Business Succession Planning Panel – Jim McConnery, CPA, CA, TEP, Partner – Welch LLP Susan St. Amand, TEP, FEA, ICD. D, President & Gerry Meyer, FEA, CPHR, SHRM-SCP (US) – Meyer Advisory Group
Are You Ready To Talk To A Specialist?
Get in touch, tell us your needs and we’ll assign an industry specialist to your organization.