Welch going digital enables more support to the community
This year’s Welch holiday events have gone digital! This allows us to redirect the savings of going digital to support a local charity. On Monday, a cheque for $2,000 was presented by partner Chris Meyers on behalf of Welch LLP to The Catholic Centre for Immigrants (CCI). “The Catholic Centre for Immigrants is a fantastic organization with deep roots in the Ottawa community,” says Partner Chris Meyers. “Supporting and welcoming newcomers to Canada and to our city is one of the most fundamentally important things we can do as a society. The more we invest in organizations like CCI, the better our community becomes.”
The organization has been welcoming newcomers in Ottawa since 1954. The Catholic Centre for Immigrants helps refugees and immigrants adapt and integrate into Canadian society. CCI wants every newcomer to reach their full potential. They provide programs and services to all newcomers regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age or religion. CCI services include:
- temporary accommodations and housing assistance
- orientation about education, employment, health and other topics to help navigate life in Canada
- help with immigration documents and processes
- referrals and support to access other services
- help to connect and contribute to their new community
- assistance to improve fluency in English or French
- special programs for youth
Visit their website for more information: http://cciottawa.ca/ . This year has definitely been a wild ride for many. If your in-person events and physical gifts and greetings have been encumbered by the events of 2020, we encourage you to take those funds otherwise unspent to support a local charity near you.
Are You Ready To Talk To A Specialist?
Get in touch, tell us your needs and we’ll assign an industry specialist to your organization.